Sunday, April 6, 2008

Spring break



good morning, friends,
Yesterday was a beautiful day, as my Holland buddies can attest, and Bella and I took to the beach..what a glorious afternoon.
Today I head to Evansville Indiana to visit my dad, Dr. Tom.  One of the many gifts of my illness has been my reconciliation with him, which I have probably written to you about already, but to be able to talk to him just about every day and have the comfort and joy of a parent is something I didn't even know was missing in my life. I have come to believe that we must reach out with abandon in spite of our fear. Thanks to my friend Barb for making me call him that day when I told her about my eye. She was right. 
If someone is on your mind, folks, pick up that phone.
The worst that can happen is that your life will get a little bigger, in one way or another.
Happy Spring Break!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I can relate. For most of my life, my father and I didn't get along. Since he has been sober over the past 7 years, we've become good friends.

Some people come to accept that they are like their parents. I'd say I've gone beyond that to were I can appreciate being like my dad.

Anonymous said...

Oh yesss! Sunshine! We pasty northerners need it soooo much!

Love the comment on your dad. With Chris' parents both gone...makes us really appreciate the valuable time we all had together on this planet.

Spring Break!!!
s

Anonymous said...

Oh yesss! Sunshine! We pasty northerners need it soooo much!

Love the comment on your dad. With Chris' parents both gone...makes us really appreciate the valuable time we all had together on this planet.

Spring Break!!!
s