Sunday, February 17, 2008

sunday night

Hearing from people I haven't talked to in awhile is one of the gifts of this experience-family members and friends from far away..thanks, guys. I feel very loved. 
I talked to Barbie today and she told me that the UCC Cycle Challenge raised over 35,000!!
CONGRATULATIONS AND THANK YOU TO THIS WONDERFUL GROUP OF PEOPLE, led by a person named Tony Charameda, whose dream this was. If you don't know him, he is an inspirational person, as are his wife and kids.
Continuing to feel better. My eye gets so tired and I look forward to being able to read again.
I miss the old me these days--or do I? Maybe "miss" isn't the right word. I am having to slow down so much and I needed to do that a long time ago but never got the word quite so clearly as I have now..
Jon and Vanessa heading back home to Austin tonight after breakfast at the Windmill this morning...they got to hang out in Chicago this afternoon but Vanessa's flight got cancelled so she has one more night in Chicago. It was wonderful having them here but also nice for Deborah and I to have a very peaceful day today relaxing. It was nice to actually see Deborah sitting in a chair for an extended period and this is the first night we haven't run the dishwasher twice! 
more tomorrow! good night all....

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so grateful to have been able to spend time with you (and Deb, Annie, and Jon) over the past few days! Thanks for sharing Ram Dass with me.
:-)

Love you, Momma Claud!

Jon said...

Some pics from while I was there:

http://picasaweb.google.com/jonhagar/MomSSurgery

As soon as I'm smart enough to post videos to YouTube, I'll share those, too.

Jon said...

Little Bella gets a little confused.

lorma said...

In every culture, in every age, there is a turning point in life. At this threshold begins the greatest adventure.

Claudia, you have made this turning point a work of art.
Thank you for your beautiful spirit.

Unknown said...

Claudia,
"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." -Voltaire

Your courage inspires us all!

fondly,

Jan